Buying a used treadmill is a bigger expense. New treadmills for home use which are motorized cost from $750 to $5,000. In general, the pricier ones are better. Often, you can find used treadmills for sale at a huge discount which provides better value treadmill for the money you pay. The new motorized treadmills under $1,000 are less sturdy and are underpowered and provide fewer options to adjust the incline, programmed workouts.
Every New Year, many make a resolution to lose weight and buy a new treadmill intending to exercise and see results. But as the year passes, the resolution fades away and the treadmill begins to get dusty and unused. Then they decide to give away their used treadmills for sale which are almost unused. They will practically be termed as ”used treadmills’ but often will be new ones.
To save several hundred of dollars, you can buy used treadmill. As long as you make sure that the equipment works well and the deal is good, it will be worth the money spent. Here are a few places where you can find used treadmills for sale:
1. Local Classifieds Ads often advertise used treadmills. Check out the ads and make a list of your preferable choices.
2. Auction websites such as eBay and other Online Listings often have used treadmills for sale. As you know, the shipping costs might be high on these heavier equipments. So be sure to check out those details.
3. Few of the Charity Thrift Stores such as Goodwill sell used treadmills.
4. Contact your local gyms and fitness clubs. Often they may sell their older equipments to buy newer modern ones.
5. Look for garage sales which happen very often everywhere. Most people love to sell their used equipments during garage sale and you may get good deals. Be sure to go early or else it may become someone else’s possession as they go away soon.
No matter from what source you buy a used treadmill, it is mandatory that you try it out before you buy. Get on the machine and run on it to see if it works fine. The equipment has to look sturdy and in good condition too. Make sure the cords and other parts are working well. Ask your questions to the seller to ensure that it is really a good machine though used. Check for warranty details also. Find out about the age, condition and model number of the machine and get to know if it had gone through any repairs etc.
As you can see, there are quite a few places where you can look out for used treadmills for sale. But it is all upon you to perform your research and make a deal on a used treadmill which works effectively and is worth every dollar spent.
by Kathie Lie