“A man should look as if he had bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them.” ~ Hardy Amies
Whether you agree or not, the look and appearance have become judging criteria these days. Gone are the days when men were barely concerned about their clothing. The dressing style of an individual plays a very vital role in determining the personality. This is the reason why most men invest a lot of time in getting the much-desired dapper look. However, being dapper is generally misunderstood for donning the tuxedo look. Being dapper is not just about wearing the best clothes. In fact, In fact, regardless of your wardrobe, it is a way of stylizing yourself.
The write up has compiled some quick tips, for all the style connoisseur who wants to do an impressive look.
Apply the timeless fashion advice and caution in your daily life in order to turn dapper.
- Self-grooming: Personal hygiene and grooming are one of the most decisive factors. No matter what you’re wearing, a neat, clean and classy look is a proven weapon to turn every head around. So, before you decide your wardrobe for the day, make sure that you take your hygiene to the extreme. Remember to bathe well and trim your beard before leaving home. Wash your face and apply a moisturizing lotion to remove the white patches and flakes. Along with this, your clothes should be neat and well-ironed.
- Get the clothes tailored: Tailoring your clothes appropriately is the best way to get a noticeable difference in your appearance. Wearing the wrong fit is one of the major error of fashion. Not every man is as particular about the size as the ladies. The wrong fit can make or break your look. So, make sure that you get your attire tailored accordingly. Do not wear it if doesn’t fit. The attire should fit you like gloves.
- Dress according to your age: Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable, but the style is more about being yourself. The contemporary styles may intrigue you at times, but make sure that you dress according to your age. So, do not try to fit into the fashion, but choose a style that fits your personality. This is the best way of dressing to the nines.
- Accessorize your clothing: As a gentleman, you can never go wrong with a timeless statement wristwatch. It not only adds flair to your look, but also gives an elegant look. Most dapper men will be seen in a neat pair of formal shoes. Wearing an elegant footwear helps in power dressing. Along with this, the accessories should be according to the clothing. In case, you are in your formals, then, the ensemble should be formal as well. For casual outfits, you can go with the subtle ones that get you an easy-going look, yet oozes effortless style. Right from the cuff-links to the undergarment, everything contributes to the overall personality. Wear a cozy pair of men’s underwear. Even the underneath article should be according to the occasion. Briefs for men is an ideal option if you don’t want to adjust yourself in front of everyone.
- Match the colors well: The color combination of the overall attire should complement your personality and skin tone. Don’t be afraid of exploring the possibilities of fashion, but remember to stay subtle. Simplicity and sophistication are what defines a gentleman. The combination of dark and light color is the safest option when the large variety is confusing you. The light hues with the contrasting dark ones is a timeless sequence.
- Avoid being funky: Being funky and playful is fun, but it projects a boyish attitude. So, keep the dressing simple and subtle. Go for prints that are elegant and dressy without going over-the-board. Whether you are heading for a formal event or getting dressed for a casual spree, the clothing should project your personality is a positive light.
What are your hacks for a dapper look? Do share in the comments below.